Position available for part-time Communications Specialist to manage external and internal communications at Carmel Presbyterian Church, Glenside, PA, including creating content for the church website, newsletter, and social platforms. Requires communications background, technology skills to work in online environments, and ability to work independently offsite on own equipment. Position 10 hours per week or 40 hours per month. Contact church at 215-887-1074, email [email protected].
Job description and application attached here
TITLE: Communications Specialist
HOURS: Part-time, 10 hours per week or 40 hours per month since some weeks are more demanding than others.
PURPOSE: Provide effective internal and external communications to create awareness of the mission of Carmel Presbyterian Church and the PC(USA).
ACCOUNTABILITY: Reports directly to the pastor/head of staff
DESCRIPTION: We are looking for an enthusiastic Communications Specialist to manage our external and internal communications. You will promote a positive public image and manage the dissemination of information on behalf of Carmel Presbyterian Church.
- Proficient command of English
- Communications major, background or experience
- Effective writing, editing and photography skills
- Technology skills to work in online environments, including multiple social media platforms, Word Press for the Carmel website, and desktop publishing
- Outstanding organizational skills and the ability to manage your time
- Able to work with a variety of contributors with varying levels of input
- Comfortable using G-Suite
- Collaborate with church staff, officers, and leaders to gather relevant information for internal and external outreach
- Create content for Carmel website, Courier Newsletter, social platforms, and bulletin/Courier inserts.
Create a minimum of (5) unique content pieces for use on Carmel website, Courier Newsletter and social platforms
- Create a minimum of (10) posts to social media per month
- Create a minimum of (10) posts to Carmel website per month
- Adhere to current policies relative to the use of images of minors and maintaining privacy of members
- Develop effective internal and external communication strategies including but not limited to newsletters, social media and website.
- Manage internal church communications (Carmel Courier newsletters), both print and online, with frequency and format to be determined.
- Photograph church activities when present and manage requests from key members of the congregation to promote and report on Carmel events and activities.
- Assist with other communications-related tasks as assigned by your supervisor.
- Submit monthly accounting of time.
- Work from your home or office.
- Time at church will be limited to 1 monthly staff meeting and covering activities onsite as necessary.
- Internet connection
- Cell phone
- Software to accomplish required responsibilities